The Bloomberg Terminal is a computer software system provided by the financial data vendor Bloomberg L.P. that enables professionals in the financial service sector and other industries to access Bloomberg Professional Services through which users can monitor and analyze real-time financial market data and place trades on the electronic trading platform. (from Wikipedia)
Unlike other DBs, It needs codes to search in Bloomberg, and there are over 25,000 codes. So it is important to get used to these codes to use Bloomberg efficiently.
Blooberg Terminal is only accessible when using a designated PC, which is located in on the 3rd floor of the Central Library.
♦ Maximum hour of use : 1 hour per person
※ Research Commons
Contact: ☎ 02-760-1192 / E-mail: email@example.com
Session & Workshop for Bloomberg
• There are Library session every semester about Bloomberg. ( in Korean language)
• Check the session schedule, and sign up for it online
(Library Homepage > Research·Study Support > Instruction Class > Class information and Application)
• BU <GO> at Bloomberg Terminal
• Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is a self-paced e-learning course that provides an interactive introduction to the financial markets.
•The course is available through the Bloomberg Terminal at BMC <GO> or through the Bloomberg for Education website.
• Questions will be answered within 24 hours.
Excel API Help
• In Excel, Bloomberg - Help menu in a menu bar would help you.
• BESS <GO> will give you an online Tutorial about Excel API
• BBXL <GO> will give you descriptions about cheatsheet, pre-programmed spreadsheet, demo-spreadsheet, and error message.